06/07/2012

Inspiring images

I have been so, so busy with work lately that I haven't been knitting as much as I would like to. I usually knit a couple of rows in the evening before collapsing onto the bed... So my Color Affection is going very slowly indeed, and all my other projects have been put on hold for the moment (some of my WIPs are: a bigger Henslowe to wear as a shawl using 2 skeins of Malabrigo Arroyo and an Abalone sweater in Cascade 220). I did finish a Crisp and gray vest, pattern by Veera, and it's great, but I always have the same problem! Whenever I wash my FO for the first time, it seems to grow so much! My gray vest is at least 10cm longer than I wanted it to be... I will definitely have to take it into consideration for next time...
So lately, the only thing I've had time to do was surf on the net and find some ideas for future projects. I'm also super excited about starting sewing classes in September, and have been finding inspiration for future sewn clothes too!

Like this dress by APC! isn't it the perfect combination of crochet and sewing? Can't you just see yourself making and wearing it? I certainly can! (even though I can't crochet! Each time I've tried, it's turned out to be a disaster!) But you could just as easily knit a nice lacy collar for a simple dress. 
Photo credit: Amy Butler

I also totally fantasize about being able to sew wonderful things very soon, and absolutely thought I should try these lounge pants, I think they look fantastic! Pattern from Amy Butler's In Stitches. Think I might have to buy that one. Lounge pants is basically all I wear since I work from home and can't often be bothered to dress up if I'm going to spend the day at home anyway... 

In a few days, my deadline will be past and I will be able to breathe a little better again, maybe even start my holidays early, who knows? Spending all those summer afternoons knitting, reading and watching movies is all I dream about right now, but still many pages to translate before then... 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire